“Time won’t leave me as I am, but time won’t take the boy out of this man”--”City of Blinding Lights”, U2

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Chronicles of Narnia Teaser Out

A few months ago, I was at the movies and caught the teaser to the movie adaptation of C. S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I don't know if the movie will be any good or not, but if the teaser represents the movie, well, it will be absolutely gorgeous. The teaser can be found here.

I read the Chronicles of Narnia as a child. My best friend liked the series so much he stole the books from the school library (which I always found kind of ironic). I enjoyed them, but preferred J. R. R. Tolkien to Lewis. It wasn't until I was an adult that I discovered C. S. Lewis' non-fiction work. The Narnia books are a great read. My only reservation is my shared disdain of allegory with Tolkien who wrote:
I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence.
But the books are good reads for children and adults. Here's hoping the movie does justice to them.

No comments: